If you have been following our story, you would know how much we love WordPress and how much we consider WordPress, the open source software for publishing on the web, to be a tool that can be leveraged by every individual for their personal and professional empowerment.
In light of this, we are focusing on new goals. One of which is to promote WordPress for Females & Teenagers in under-served communities.
You can support us here: https://opencollective.com/uwanihub
To put in place a more permanent presence and much-needed structure to help us achieve our vision 2030 Digital Skills empowerment program for teenagers and females in our underserved community.
We aim to:
- Train 5000 teenagers and females in the use of WordPress software & digital skills by the year 2030.
- Build a community of 500 active contributors to the WordPress software, particularly among our teenagers within our hub community by the year 2030.
- Train linguists in our community on translating WordPress to our major local language(s), build a community of Polyglots, ready to teach others what they have learned.
Budget Overview. To achieve our goals, we need:
- Our Permanent Space – $9210 – We have $5619.59 left to raise
- 35 units of refurbished Laptop Computers (a $95 pounds each) sourced from Computeraid.org, plus estimated shipping/clearing (we are in touch with them) – $6000
- A 6kva solar inverter set up to power the new hub building – $3157
- 2 paid intern or youth corper trainer/facilitator for the year 2023 – @ approximately $500 / month stipend for each individual
Our first budget overview item is crucial for the success of the subsequent ones, hence it is our focus at the moment. Click here to support us in achieving our first goal: https://opencollective.com/uwanihub/events/building-of-our-new-village-hub-0baabb17
- An equipped permanent space – by December 2022
We are detailing activities and monies raised here: https://opencollective.com/uwanihub/events/building-of-our-new-village-hub-0baabb17.
- Run our fourth coding camp coming up in August in our new space – we may be canceling this if unable to finish the building by August 2022
- Content creation: Making, collecting & creating video content in English & local languages to be used for online & offline participants of our program. We will be detailing our plans here: https://uwani.org/2021/04/creating-local-content/
- Begin physical & virtual enrollment into our structured programs from January 2023 – 2030
Participants will be able to sign up for our workshops online and offline. Click here to see current offerings.