Dear Parent / Guardian / Beneficiaries / Workshop Participants,
Uwani Hub is closed for four weeks amid concerns about coronavirus from today, Monday March 16th 2020. The proposed scheduled date of opening is Monday 13th April 2020 if the global pandemic has been contained by then and the world is at peace again. We understand that this closure is sudden, but our hands are tied and we would rather be safe than sorry for the safety of all the children and teenagers who come to the hub. We will place a phone call to each parent / guardian if the situation changes on or before the 13th of April, 2020.
According to the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control, all Nigerians should take care of their health and maintain hand and respiratory hygiene to protect themselves and others, including their own families, following the precautions below:
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Maintain at least 1 & half metres (5 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Persons with persistent cough or sneezing should stay home or keep a social distance, but not mix in crowd.
- Make sure you and people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene, meaning cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or into your sleeve at the bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Stay home if you feel unwell with symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing. Please call NCDC toll free number which is available day and night, for guidance – 0800-970000-10. Do not engage in self-medication.
You can find more information about this virus and daily reports from the government here please: https://ncdc.gov.ng
For Questions, email me at email@example.com (A printed copy of this information has been distributed to the children and teenagers from the Public Schools around who visit the hub).